This unit covers the following standards:
MA.006.A Ratios and Proportions: Students will apply ratio concepts and ratio reasoning to solve problems.
- MA.006.A.1 Apply the concept of a ratio and use ratio language to describe a ratio relationship between two quantities. For example, “The ratio of wings to beaks in the bird house at the zoo was 2:1, because for every 2 wings there was 1 beak.” “For every vote candidate A received, candidate C received nearly three votes.” CC.6.RP.1
- MA.006.A.2 Apply the concept of a unit rate a/b associated with a ratio a:b with b ? 0 (b not equal to zero), and use rate language in the context of a ratio relationship. For example, "This recipe has a ratio of 3 cups of flour to 4 cups of sugar, so there is 3/4 cup of flour for each cup of sugar." "We paid $75 for 15 hamburgers, which is a rate of $5 per hamburger." (Expectations for unit rates in this grade are limited to non-complex fractions.) CC.6.RP.2
- MA.006.A.3 Solve unit rate problems including those involving unit pricing and constant speed. For example, If it took 7 hours to mow 4 lawns, then at that rate, how many lawns could be mowed in 35 hours? At what rate were lawns being mowed? CC.6.RP.3b
- MA.006.A.4 Make tables of equivalent ratios relating quantities with whole-number measurements, find missing values in the tables, and plot the pairs of values on the coordinate plane. Use tables to compare ratios. CC.6.RP.3a
- MA.006.A.5 Find a percent of a quantity as a rate per 100 (e.g., 30% of a quantity means 30/100 times the quantity); solve problems involving finding the whole given a part and the percent. CC.6.RP.3c
- MA.006.A.6 Use ratio reasoning to convert measurement units; manipulate and transform units appropriately when multiplying or dividing quantities. CC.6.RP.3d